Balms & Salves
Balms, also known as salves, are key components of any line of skin care products.
Topical CBD is applied directly to an affected area. High-quality CBD balms consist of encapsulated, or micellized CBD, which penetrate the dermis layers of the skin, rather than just remaining on the surface.
Customization: GVB’s balms can be branded for purposes that range from fitness to high-end spa products. Our buttery formulas can readily be massaged into the skin to deliver all the benefits of various cannabinoids. Our white label products come in a wide variety of options. Customers can select from a range of raw materials, dosage, containers, and ingredients, to build a fully customizable product that suits the needs of their consumers/brand.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Balms/Salves Lab-Tested?
- Just like all our other extracts and finished products, we test our balms and salves at various stages in the production process. Doing so ensures that our hemp topicals do not contain contaminants and that they offer accurate cannabinoid concentrations.
- Are Balms/Salves Full-Spectrum?
- That depends. If the extract used in one of our white label balms is full-spectrum, the resulting topical is full-spectrum as well. Broad-spectrum or isolate extracts, however, will result in finished topicals with the same attributes.
- Can I Order Balms/Salves In Bulk?
- Our white label balms and salves are specifically designed to be offered in bulk quantities. Our finished balms contain micellized or encapsulated cannabinoids to ensure that they effectively penetrate the skin.
- What is a certificate of analysis (COA)?
- A Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a laboratory report that provides data analysis about a specific product. A COA should be batch-specific and provide you with information about a product’s potency and cannabinoid profile.
- Will a COA be provided with my balm or salve?
- Cannabinoid products should always be accompanied by COAs. All of our products are accompanied by COAs from an ORELAP-accredited, third-party laboratory. When you purchase a balm or salve, you will be provided with a COA that is batch-specific and confirms the product’s potency.
- Do you offer balm & salve samples?
- Yes, we do. Sampling can be an excellent way to determine which finished product will be right for your brand. To order samples, book a call with one of our sales representatives. By booking a call, you can order multiple samples at once and receive suggestions from our representative regarding which products would best suit your needs and price point.
- Which formulations are most commonly used with balms & salves?
- Our cooling balm formulation is undoubtedly the most popular. While cooling cannabinoid balms and salves are a dime a dozen, you can alter the scent of your unique balm to match other members of your product line or stand out from competing products.