Biomass (CBD & CBG)
Biomass is a term used to describe bulk, extraction-grade industrial hemp. In industry parlance, biomass is dried hemp that is intended for extraction in bulk form. GVB’s farming operations produce the company’s own biomass, which is used for extraction. Notably, CBG Isolate and CBG Broad Spectrum Distillate are coveted products that require large quantities of CBG hemp biomass, which GVB is able to procure and then process for extraction.
Superlative Quality & Compliance
Quality Management System
Food Grade Certification
Fire Safety Compliance
Learn More About Biomass (CBD & CBG)
Biomass is bulk hemp material that is high in cannabidiol (CBD) or cannabigerol (CBG) and minor cannabinoids while containing less than 0.3% THC. This type of bulk ingredient is most commonly used for extraction purposes since it is not considered to be smokable grade.
While biomass includes a high concentration of cannabinoid-rich bud material, it also contains leaves, trim, stems, and other components of the hemp plant that are not usually smoked or used for purposes other than extraction. Biomass is only minimally processed to make it suitable for bulk sale. Processing procedures include drying and reduction of larger plant parts into a smaller, more usable size.
At GVB Biopharma, we produce our own biomass at a variety of different domestic and international facilities, and we use this biomass to manufacture our various extract products. Since it is essential to test biomass for contaminants and potency at multiple stages in the production process, we employ the most rigorous testing procedures available.
While CBD-rich biomass is relatively commonplace, CBG-rich biomass is relatively rare, and our access to the most advanced CBG-rich hemp genetics allows us to produce a variety of processed CBG extracts such as distillate and isolate. By offering bulk quantities of CBG-rich biomass, we enable our clients to attain the same successes we have achieved with this innovative plant material product.
It is only possible to render biomass into usable extracts with advanced extraction facilities. Clients without access to adequate extraction equipment would be advised to choose one of our processed extracts.
We test every batch of full-spectrum CBD distillate we produce.
GVB is the world’s leading innovator in hemp technology. GVB is at the vanguard of the organic cultivation, research, development, and marketing of hemp-based wellness solutions for suppliers, customers, and consumers around the globe. We believe passionately in the powerful, life-enhancing qualities of hemp and other hemp-based products, and take pride in our research in every facet of hemp cultivation and production. Our work changes lives for the better.
Don't just take our word for it...
GVB Biopharma has been an exceptional company to work with. My representative Mr Sebastien is one the best reps in the industry. Quick to return email and fast to answer a phone call. This could be the best vendor in the industry!
High-Quality. Professional. Reliable. Ethical. Just a few of the words that come to mind when I think of GVB Biopharma and the team that powers this great company. Carter Czech in particular is one of the most knowledgeable and fun to work with individuals I have come across in this industry. Thank you Carter and GVB Bio for helping my business grow!
Love working with my rep Carter. Very professional and easy to work with. Products are always high quality with the best possible pricing. All very important for helping sustain small business growth. Love this company!
GVB Biopharma provides us with excellent quality CBD distillate. We highly recommend their services! Carter has been a pleasure to work with--always helpful and quick to respond.
Still not sure...?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Biomass Lab-Tested?
- Biomass is the crudest form of hemp product we provide at GVB Biopharma. Regardless, we still test our biomass for purity and potency to ensure that our customers know the cannabinoid concentration of this product and that it doesn’t contain any solvents or pesticides.
- Is Biomass Full-Spectrum?
- Since biomass consists of dried hemp that is intended for extraction, this product is considered to be full-spectrum. It contains the entire spectrum of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids present in hemp flower.
- Can I Order Biomass In Bulk?
- At GVB Biopharma, we offer both CBD biomass and CBG biomass in bulk. This product type is perfect for companies that are focused on affordability and intend to perform their own extraction.
- What is a certificate of analysis (COA)?
- A Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a laboratory report that provides data analysis about a specific product. A COA should be batch-specific and provide you with information about a product’s potency and cannabinoid profile.
- Are your COAs from an accredited third-party laboratory?
- Yes! Every product purchased from GVB Biopharma is accompanied by a COA issued by an ORELAP accredited, third-party laboratory. All of our products are tested multiple times throughout the production process to ensure the highest quality standards from seed to finished product.
- Can I order samples of Biomass (CBD & CBG)?
- Yes! You can order samples through one of our sales representatives by clicking “Book A Call” on the top menu bar or on the bottom of each product page. If you have questions about Biomass (CBD & CBG), we suggest you book a call. That way, our sales representative can help you confirm that the product you’re selecting will satisfy your needs.
- How is Biomass (CBD & CBG) most commonly used?
- Biomass is commonly used to produce cannabinoid extracts. You can use CBD-rich or CBG-rich biomass, for instance, to make coveted CBD or CBG extracts.
White Label Product Options